on April 19, 2017 by Holly Williams
An interview with Kenichiro Takaki in the latest issue of Weekly Famitsu has revealed a few further Shinobi Refle details. Shinobi Refle was recently announced for the Nintendo Switch, and it’s breaking away from the rest of the Senran Kagura series this time around to focus on a ‘pure and wholesome’ game about Asuka.
Here are the highlights from the interview:
– A particularly interesting feature of the Nintendo Switch is HD rumble. This should allow us to do various things we couldn’t do with the rumble feature before.
– At this stage, I’ll leave just what we can achieve with the HD rumble feature to your imagination.
– We’re basically aiming for a pure and wholesome Senran Kagura title with a focus on conveying the feelings of the characters using HD rumble.
– The story is going to be a bit stupid. You’ll be able to enjoy a different story than what’s come before.
– This work is a download-only, affordably priced concept title based around HD rumble.
– For now, Asuka will be the only character to appear.
– Asuka’s graphics are being remade. Despite being in anime style, I want to beautifully express the depiction of light.
– The use of Switch features other than HD rumble is under consideration.
– Switch is quite easy to develop for. On top of this title, I’m considering other works that make use of the Switch’s features.
Shinobi Refle: Senran Kagura will launch as a digital title for the Nintendo Switch some time in 2017 in Japan.