PQube Announce Aegis of Earth: Protonovus Assault for Europe Releaseon February 5, 2016 by Oscar TK
PQube have announced a Q1 European release for Acquire’s new IP, Aegis of Earth: Protonovus Assault — a pretty unique game that I like to call Rotation City: Attack of the Monsters. It’s sort of a tower defence game where you spin your tower, with Visual Novel-esque story. It’s coming to PS4, PS3, and Vita!
Aegis of Earth takes place in a world where it’s no longer safe to leave the well-defended cities of humanity. These cities are marvels of modern engineering, able to fend off the brutal monster attacks by rotating the ring-shaped districts to line up defensive and offensive units. Linking up units can provide boosts — rotating all of your cannons into a line and pointing it right at that monster can pack quite the punch! But be careful not to leave other areas of your city undefended and open!
You can level up your city and become the best. You can also level up yourself. And your friends. And the individual weapons. There’s a whole load of intricate stuff you can do. Choosing what you build. Managing resources. While the concept of spinning the tower is pretty simple, there’s a content rich and in-depth experience hiding behind it. There’s 20 unique characters that help you out, with their own skills they can bring to the battle, and quite a big focus on story too!
– Defend your city by building defences and units to fend off enemy attacks.
– Rotate your defences around your central tower, to better concentrate or spread out your armaments.
– Unlock and assign new team members to your control room – each bringing new abilities to help you in battle!
– Story-driven episodes move the player around the world to experience different urban environments.
– Use appropriate weaponry to tackle the different enemy types.
– Collect resources to strengthen your city and grow your population to earn more currency to help in the war!
– Over 50 different types of units to take on the enemy!