on Apr 04 by Geraint Evans
A nice little surprise for eveyone this morning. We’ve been working with PDW: Hotapen on a release of the excellent 2D fighter Yatagarasu, which, up until now, has only been available in Japan – so they felt they’d like to introduce it to the west. We very much hope you enjoy Yatagarsu, as its success here should pave the way for more quality doujin fighters.
One of fighting scene in Japan’s best kept secrets, Yatagarasu is a 2D fighter of remarkable quality. Taking in a range of influences from Street Fighter III: Third Strike to King of Fighters, Yatagarasu is a fighting game aficionado’s delight, boasting excellent mechanics and superbly balanced gameplay. This should come as no surprise given that it’s the work of one of Japan’s best fighting game players, Umezono and ex-SNK and King of Fighters artist Kotani Tomoyuki.
It’s a very grounded, solid fighter of real quality – and it’s unbelievable that it’s remained hidden for so long. If you consider yourself a fan of fighting games, this should not be missed.
• Choose from up to 8 unique characters.
• 1-2 players local and online, with 8 player lobbies.
• Stunning sprite artwork from King of Fighters artist, Kotani Tomoyuki
• Choose your trash talking commentator from top Japanese players – Tokido, Kokujin and KSK, who’ll react to your play style.
• Innovative ‘button locking’ parry system to give you the defensive edge.
• Unique damage mitigation system where tapping the attack buttons to correspond with incoming attacks limits damage taken.
• Exclusive part-localised version, ONLY available on Rice Digital
You can buy Yatagarasu on the Rice Digital Store here.