Crossover Fighter Blade Strangers Announced for PS4, Switch, and PCon June 12, 2017 by Max Williams
Nicalis has announced Blade Strangers, a crossover fighting game developed by Studio Saizensen, featuring characters from Cave Story, Code of Princess, and Umihara Kawase! Take a look at a talk with Nicalis and some gameplay footage from the Twitch stream below:
Here’s a rundown of some of the gameplay details:
– There will be a Story Mode, Mission Mode, Versus Mode, Training Mode, and Online Mode
– Characters were made as 3D models, and then converted into 2D sprites
– Story Mode will have cutscenes, characters clashing and so on, resembling a traditional Arcade Mode
– Mission Mode will give the player specific tasks to complete
– Training Mode lets you practice with a dummy
– Stages from the games represented will be included
The current announced characters are Curly from Cave Story, Umihara Kawase from Umihara Kawase, and Solange, Master T, and Ali from Code of Princess, with more characters to be announced later. Nicalis has also stated that the game will get post-release updates.
Blade Strangers will release on PS4, Switch, and PC.