Chrono Trigger’s Second Update on Steam is Liveon May 17, 2018 by Mitch Jay
Chrono Trigger on Steam has received its second update after intense fan backlash caused Square Enix to take another look at the port, and it’s finally getting the love that it wholly deserves. With Chrono Trigger’s second update, the game looks more like its original self.
Check out the game’s second patch notes below. Notably are the ability to pause in battle, and a brand new UI being added.
– A new battle user interface (UI) has been added based on the look and feel of the original Chrono Trigger.
– An option has been added to select between the UI optimised for controller/keyboard mentioned above, and the current UI optimised for mouse & touch panels. This option appears in “settings” in the main menu.
– The game can now be paused during battle by using the pause button on controller, or the Space bar on the keyboard.
– Adjusted the look of playable characters on the world map to be more in-line with the original version of Chrono Trigger.
– The resolution of animated cut-scenes has been improved.
– The display area of animated cut-scenes has been increased.
– Fixed instances where the game slowed down during certain scenes.
– The Korean font has been updated.
– Other small bugs are fixed.
Square Enix has plans to roll out a third update in June.