Dragon Quest XI Flies West This September, is Enhanced Version + Chunky Western Gameplay Videoon March 28, 2018 by Oscar TK
Because dragons fly, geddit? Square Enix have just announced a western release date for Dragon Quest XI. It’ll be coming to the west for both PlayStation 4 and Steam on 4th September 2018. It’s been a long time since the last main Dragon Quest game, and everyone has been loving this new one in Japan for quite some time now.
Dragon Quest XI: Echoes of an Elusive Age combines some of the most talented people in the industry: character designer Akira Toriyama (who you all know as the Dragon Ball creator); Dragon Quest series creator Yuji Horii; and terrific composer Koichi Sugiyama.
The above video gives us almost ten minutes of footage of the game being played in English, which is a treat to see. This release actually features several brand new enhancements that weren’t part of the Japanese release:
– English Voiceover – to bring the charismatic cast of characters to life
– Draconian Quest – a hard mode that offers additional challenges for more experienced players
– Overhauled Menus & UI – with graphical enhancements and more intuitive navigation
– Camera Mode – allowing players to take in views of the beautiful landscape, character renders and ferocious monsters in detail
– A new dash function and many other system enhancements such as improved character and camera movement
In Japan, the game also released for Nintendo 3DS at the same time. This version doesn’t seem to be heading west. A Switch version has been announced, but Square Enix have not confirmed a release date yet for the west or otherwise.
Famitsu scored the game’s Japanese release 40/40 (four 10/10 scores from different reviewers) — a perfect score.
The game follows the perilous journey of a hunted Hero who must uncover the mystery of his fate with the aid of a charismatic cast of supporting characters. With a quest that takes players across continents and over vast oceans as they learn of an ominous threat facing the world, DRAGON QUEST XI brings a massive, beautifully detailed world to life, with finely tuned turn-based combat and an immersive story that will appeal to fans and newcomers alike.
Dragon Quest XI releases for PlayStation 4 and Steam on 4th September 2018.