Final Fantasy XV Updates Include Off-Road Regaliaon February 2, 2017 by Max Williams
Square Enix’s latest Active Time Report livestream includes some big Final Fantasy XV updates! There’s also a handy schedule, which so far runs through the releases until June, including the previously announced DLC, with some unspecified updates included. You can watch the full livestream below:
Possibly the most exciting of these is the idea of a ‘Free Drive’ feature for the Regalia. This one doesn’t have any kind of time-frame yet, but can be glimpsed in the video starting at 50:33. This will completely renovate driving the Regalia! Once it stops getting stuck, of course.
The rest of the schedule is as follows:
– Level cap increase from 99 to 120 – You can’t stock up on experience points in advance though, as they won’t count past level 99 until after the update.
– Photo storage increase from 150 to 200
– Use of the music player while riding Chocobos
– Limited-time quests – There’ll be a variety of quests that you can only take on for a limited time. For now, it’s Hunts, but there will be others in the future, such as fishing.
– PS4 Pro full-HD 60fps support
– DLC Booster Pack+ – A DLC bundle that features the Boost Sword weapon, the Dragon Mod fishing rod, and the Aviol reel.
The free Booster Pack DLC was also due out at this time, featuring the Magitek Exosuit, but this has been delayed due to the costumes’ resemblance to the Power Rangers. As such, the designs are going to be changed.
– Chapter 13 update – Enhancements to Chapter 13, including an opportunity to play as Gladiolus for a short period.
– DLC Episode: Gladiolus
– Platinum Demo: Final Fantasy XV will be removed from PlayStation Network and Xbox Live.
– DLC Episode: Prompto
Square Enix also said that they will be hosting a survey for each region to see what players want in future updates. Further information will be announced at a later time. Director Hajime Tabata added that there are other things he’s experimenting with and would like to share in a more casual way later on.