Kotodama Character Trailer And Pre-Order Details Revealed By PQubeon May 2, 2019 by Reuben Mount
We have had growing excitement about PQube’s first IP since the initial reveal back in February, especially given that the gameplay seems to break the mould when compared to other visual novels. Ahead of its release this month, PQube have released a Kotodama character trailer to introduce us to our fellow students.
The game, full title Kotodama: The 7 Mysteries of Fujisawa, is now available to pre-order on the Nintendo eShop in Europe, with the US pre-orders due to follow on May 14th. Kotodama is an investigative visual novel where you must learn more about the academy’s student before confronting them about their secrets. Duelling the students in Kotodama battles will allow you to literally strip away the lies and uncover the truth – but it doesn’t stop there.
While the students have their own skeletons in the closet, nothing compares to the academy itself. The secrets of Fujisawa run much deeper – do you have what it takes to find the ultimate truth Especially as, after joining the academy, you soon make new friends – but it doesn’t take long to figure out that everything is not as it seems – and each of your new friends has something to hide.
Your fellow students:
- Namani Kagura – A real bundle of energy, endlessly optimistic and a real chatterbox. She’s the first friend you make at the Academy and is super-eager to give you the grand tour of the campus. She’s obsessed with ‘The Curse of Mikoto’.
- Honoka Ichinose – Super shy and timid, she’s a quiet girl that’s universally well liked. Honoka is a real animal lover, and likes nothing more than getting close to nature, but here’s the thing – Animals really don’t seem to love her back.
- Shuji Toyama – Fujisawa Academy’s track and field ace. He’s the most popular guy in school – so much so, he even has his own fan club. A decent and level headed guy, Shuji’s times have been slipping recently and these days he seems a little distracted…
- Yukino Tsubaki – Considered the spoilt rich kid by pretty much everyone at the Academy. She’s hard-nosed and frosty even at the best of times. Quick to temper and not one to suffer fools gladly – she also has a pretty big grudge against Nanami Kagura…
- Wakaba Asagiri – President of the Occult Research Club, or ORC, for short. Wakaba is smart, funny and responsible. There are a number of unsolved mysteries at the Academy and she’s made it her goal to uncover the truth – with your help.
- Kujo Satsuki – A stickler for the rules, and hands-down the smartest student at the Academy. He’s a pretty no-nonsense guy and a great source of information about the academy and its secrets – one of which he may just be a little bit too close to.
- Chinatsu Hachisuka – Always on patrol around the Academy, Chinatsu likes nothing more than letting students know they’ve stepped out of line. Bossy doesn’t even cover it – but is she really so perfect herself? Seems like she’s overcompensating for something…
- Mikoto Sasaki – Before Kujo Satsuki, Mikoto was Fujisawa’s brightest star. An incredible student and athlete, she was the real deal – that is, before she killed herself. Loved by everyone, her death now haunts the academy as the mysterious ‘Curse of Mikoto’.
We’re excited, and can’t wait to find out more, but what do you think? Let us know in the comments, or on Facebook and Twitter, and check back for more coverage of this and other Japanese titles.
Kotodama: The 7 Mysteries of Fujisawa is coming to Nintendo Switch, PlayStation 4 and PC/Steam on May 31st in Europe and June 4th in North America.