New Persona 5 Royal Details Revealed By Weekly Famitsuon May 8, 2019 by Reuben Mount
After the first day of the recent Persona Super Live concert, we finally saw the updated version of latest game in the Persona series. Despite more details of the game being teased (again, Atlus!?) for tomorrow, May 9th, new Persona 5 Royal details have leaked from this week’s issue of Weekly Famitsu.
These key details have come from the developer interview with the magazine, featuring interviewees Daiki Ito (director), Kazuhisa Wada (producer), and Shigenori Soejima (character designer). The issue, Weekly Famitsu magazine #1588—or the May 23, 2019 issue—will be released on May 9th 2019.
Anyway, what about those details?
- The Game’s Name:
– The term “Royal” comes from the desire to create a polished, extravagant title.
– Kasumi adds to the perspectives and values in the story, and adds more depth to the existing characters. She has been implemented to naturally blend into the story. As you proceed in the game, you will see a different side of her from the teaser PV. She will develop through her Confidant story.
– Maruki is a very kind, adult character.
– If you were to ask whether there’ll be more new Confidants besides these two, between “YES” and “NO,” the answer is “YES.” Please wait for a follow-up.
- Additions & Changes:
– It’s not only new elements that are being added. It will be made easier to earn a good amount of experience points so that the game can be played through more quickly.
– Play Assist is a more advanced function than the Vox Populi mechanic [from Persona 4 Golden]. It will indicate a location while taking into account different parameters and the available Confidant characters, with the ability to move with one button.
– The volume of the third semester will be more than expected for those who experienced the volume of P4G.
– There are around 20 new BGM songs.
– If you have save data from P5, you will gain some kind of bonus. There is no carrying over.
– There is a scene where the mysterious new character sleeps in the same bed with the protagonist.
More than anything, we’re looking forward to that new music. But what about you? What do you think of these new Persona 5 Royal details? Let us know in the comments, or on Facebook and Twitter, and check back for more coverage of Persona and other Japanese titles.
Persona 5 Royal will be released on Playstation 4 in Japan on October 31st 2019. It will be released in the West and Asia in 2020.
[Source: Persona Central]