Otome Switch Announcements from Anime Expo 2019on July 8, 2019 by Max Williams
Anime Expo 2019 has been a treasure trove of announcements for otome fans, with Aksys revealing multiple otome Switch releases coming west! Looks like the Switch really is taking over from the Vita as the chief home of otome games!
Code: Realize ~Guardian of Rebirth~
Code: Realize ~Guardian of Rebirth~ is an adventure / visual novel game that sweeps you off to times long past! A visionary reimagining of Victorian era London melds with steampunk motifs to create a world unlike any seen before. Play as a lonesome youth whose poisonous touch renders swift death unto would be companions. Unravel the secrets of her past with the aid of five unlikely heroes!
– Tell Your Tale! – Code: Realize ~Guardian of Rebirth~ A branching narrative and multiple endings ensure each player will be leading their own unique story! Choose carefully, as each decision changes the balance of fate and the path before you.
– Luscious Locales and Timeless Characters! – Five classic European literary figures (Arsène Lupin, Abraham Van Helsing, Victor Frankenstein, Impey Barbicane, and Count Saint-Germain) are brilliantly reimagined to help you realize your own mysterious past. Get lost in time with sharp Gothic-Victorian designs and steam powered machinations that must be seen to be believed!
– Gripping Narrative with 30+ Hours of Gameplay! – Code: Realize ~Guardian of Rebirth~ offers rich characters, eye popping visuals and a deep story that will ignite the fires of your imagination!
Code: Realize ~Guardian of Rebirth~ is coming to Switch in North America and Europe this December.
Code: Realize ~Future Blessings~
The story of Code: Realize ~Future Blessings~ begins with the main character, Cardia, isolated and alone in a mansion on the outskirts of a 19th century steampunk version of London. A victim of a mysterious affliction that makes her blood a virulent poison and her touch instantly lethal, Cardia is shunned as a monster. Through a number of events both grand and seemingly insignificant, Cardia is pursued by the Royal Guard, kidnapped by the gentleman thief Arsene Lupin, and joined by a myriad of other handsome figures out of the best of western literature. With her newfound friends (and suitors) Cardia ventures out in the world to unravel the mysteries surrounding her very existence.
– The Romance(s) Continue! – Further your relationships with the charming literary figures of the first game. Choose to deepen the connection with your previous beau, or explore exciting new relationships with gentlemen you bypassed the first time.
– New Stories and Different Perspectives – Experience new scenarios taking place after the main story as well as more in-depth looks at events that happened in the shadows of Cardia’s previous adventures.
– New Men in Your Life – In addition to fan (and Cardia) favorites Arsène Lupin, Abraham Van Helsing, Victor Frankenstein, Impey Barbicane, and Count Saint-Germain, players can get to know newcomers Herlock Sholmès and Finis in all-new scenarios.
– The Best of Both Worlds – Enjoy a world of amazing artwork and unforgettable characters in this classic fiction/steampunk mashup brought to you by the makers of the finest visual novel/romance simulation adventures.
Code: Realize ~Future Blessings~ is coming to Switch in North America and Europe in 2020.
The Code: Realize games have been a solid series of otome goodness, and branching out from Vita and PS4 to make them even more accessible is great! A delightful blend of action and mystery, while still having very present romance elements, all in a gorgeous Steampunk setting, Code: Realize ~Guardian of Rebirth~ is well worth checking out, and Future Blessings has a lot of good stuff to add. With the first two games headed to Switch, I’m sure we’ll be seeing the third entry, Wintertide Miracles, ported over in the future too, for a hefty dose of festive fluff.
Collar x Malice
A dangerous shadow organization launches a campaign of fear and violence in the city of Shinjuku, pushing society to the brink of chaos. As a young police officer tasked with restoring order, you become the target of an attack, and have a poisonous collar attached to your neck. With the situation spiraling out of control and time running out, five mysterious strangers appear to aid you in your quest for the truth. Who can you trust? Will you be able to save yourself and the soul of Shinjuku from the clutches of oblivion? In a city bound by malice, you are the only hope for salvation!
– Many Paths to the Truth – Elements of choice and trust weave together to form a branching narrative leading to multiple unique endings! Weigh your options carefully and follow your instincts in your quest to restore order to the city!
– Stalked by Death, Bound by Malice – Put your detective skills to the test! The mysterious and deadly collar attached to your neck holds the key to solving a myriad of sinister secrets. Will you crack the case in time?
– Mind Bending Narrative with Massive Amounts of Gameplay – Collar X Malice offers intriguing characters, brooding visuals and a gripping story full of mystery guaranteed to keep you coming back for more!
Collar x Malice is coming to Switch in North America and Europe in 2020.
Collar x Malice: Unlimited
Collar x Malice: Unlimited is coming west for the first time on Switch. Unlimited includes a variety of extra stories, divided into “Interlude”, “After Story”, “Side Story”, and “ADONIS” categories. This release will be bringing the fan disc west for the first time, and I can’t wait to see what more is in store with the amazing characters of Collar x Malice!
Collar x Malice: Unlimited is coming to Switch in North America and Europe in 2020.
Collar x Malice might just be my favourite otome visual novel (so far, at least!), so I won’t turn down an excuse to play it again on Switch, and a fan disc is more than welcome! Check out my review of Collar x Malice here.
Here’s an overview of the story from the official website:
The time is the early 20th century.
The stage is South Italy, Burlone, immediately after World War I.
The city is ruled by three organizations known as the Burlone Mafia.
The main character, Liliana, lived quietly in Burlone until a certain incident saw her taken in by one of the families.
Why is she targeted?
Why is she asked?
Liliana, who has become a key player by accident, will be involved in something extraordinary- .
The Switch release will add 3 new stories, “Prologo 1926”, “Storia triste”, and “Presagio”.
Of the huge list of Otomate Party reveals back in 2017, Piofiore was the brand new title that most caught my eye and it’s super exciting to have confirmation of it coming out in English at last! With a mafia-style theme underlying it, Piofiore‘s sure to provide lots of tension and drama. The visuals are absolutely stunning too.
Piofiore releases on Switch this July in Japan and in 2020 in North America and Europe.
Here’s an overview of the story from the official website:
A cafe owned by her grandfather.
After his sudden death, the main character gets involved with the cafe at his last request. The place has a strange atmosphere, and she meets some mysterious men.
“We’re nobody you’d know – would you believe we’re guests from another world?”
The man who laughs cheerfully is a self-proclaimed [Demon Lord].
Is the meeting accidental or inevitable?
The story is what happens when she encounters these unusual people...
This one seems pretty out of the blue! The way its mixing the everyday and the supernatural sounds interesting. The characters appear to be pretty quirky and fun too.
Cafe Enchante releases on Switch this October in Japan and in 2020 in North America and Europe.
Phew, that’s a whole bunch of otome Switch titles to look forward to. 2020’s shaping up to be joyously otome-filled already! Bring it on!