Root Letter: Last Answer Announced For Nintendo Switch And Playstation 4on April 30, 2019 by Reuben Mount
PQube and developer Kadokawa Games have announced Root Letter: Last Answer, an enhanced version of the popular Root Letter, for Nintendo Switch and PlayStation 4! The visual novel bestseller will release later this year with a new epilogue, gameplay improvements and a brand new live action mode, turning all the hand-drawn moments into reenacted scenes.
15 years have passed since your correspondence with your pen friend Aya Fumino. While you moved on with your life, a confession of murder left in her last letter now resurfaces. Travel to Aya’s hometown and discover what happened to her. Her friends may know the truth but none of them seem willing to let you delve into the past. Are they responsible for her disappearance?
- – A visual novel bestseller – With over 500 thousand copies of the original sold in the west, the mystery story is one of the most successful visual novels of all time.
- – A fully interactive experience – Follow the leads given in Aya’s letters to track down her long-time friends. Use your items and the information found during the investigation to make them reveal the truth.
- – Live-action mode: A new way to enjoy the story – Turn on the live-action mode from the title screen at any time in the game to see Shimane’s locations and residents come to life.
- – The complete Root Letter experience – In addition to several UI improvements, Root Letter: Last Answer adds new epilogues that concludes the story around Aya Fumino.
- – Iconic character design and soundtrack – Players who prefer the animated version of the game will enjoy the beautifully detailed artwork by the masterful character designer Minoboshi Taro and the atmospheric soundtrack by composer Takashi Nitta.
We’re very excited about this one, as we really enjoyed the original. The new live action mode especially really does look great. But what do you think? Are you looking forward to wrapping up the Aya Fumino narrative? What do you think of the live action mode?
Root Letter: Last Answer will release later this year for Nintendo Switch and Playstation 4.