Root Letter: Last Answer Release Date Revealed Along With Special Editionon May 29, 2019 by Reuben Mount
We recently reported that PQube were once again bringing gold to the West with the definitive edition of Root Letter for Switch and Playstation 4. From an announcement this afternoon we now know the Root Letter: Last Answer release date, and that a Special Edition is also incoming!
PQube and the game’s developer Kadokawa Games have revealed that the release date for Root Letter: Last Answer on August 30th in Europe and North America September 3rd for both Nintendo Switch and Playstation 4. Soon-to-be investigators who pre-order that game or get it Day-One will receive a special edition including a beautiful 100 pages artbook with unreleased pieces.
Follow in the footsteps of Aya Fumino, a school penfriend allegedly involved in a tragic murder 15 years ago. Explore the prefecture of Shimane, uncover clues, and use the letters you wrote to each other to track down her childhood friends for questioning. But perhaps these friends, now adults living a peaceful life, will not be eager to let their painful memories resurface…
- – Solve a 15 year-old mystery – Many years have passed since the last correspondence with your pen friend Aya Fumino. While those memories have been long left behind, a confession of murder revealed in her last letter has resurfaced. It is now up to you to uncover the truth behind her disappearance.
- – An interactive visual novel – Navigate your way around Aya’s hometown, confronting friends that have now reached adulthood. Use the items and evidence at your disposal to make them confess!
- – A new way to enjoy the story – Turn on the live-action mode from the title screen at any time while playing to see Shimane’s locations and residents come to life.
- – The complete experience – In addition to several gameplay improvements, Root Letter: Last Answer adds brand new epilogues that conclude Aya Fumino’s story.
- – A story with different outcomes – Your replies to Aya’s letters will have lasting consequences, and impact your relationship. Choose your answers carefully and shape a story with up to five different endings.
We love the art of these games, and we’re definitely gunning to get one of those Day One editions of Root Letter: Last Answer! But what about you? Will you be pre-ordering this title? Have you played the original? Let us know in the comments, or on Twitter and Facebook, and check back for more coverage of this and other Japanese titles.
The Root Letter: Last Answer release date is August 30th in Europe and North America September 3rd for both Nintendo Switch and Playstation 4