UEDI: Shadow of the Citadel Has You Play As A Reporter With A NanoSuiton February 11, 2020 by Zac Cocken
Onion Soup Interactive have revealed their new game to be UEDI: Shadow of the Citadel. The game seems to be a big jump from their previous outing, in the hilarious Nippon Marathon. According to the Steam description, this is a futuristic action RPG that takes place in an open world.
Catch the trailer here:
The game will enter Early Access in 2021, with the reason being that the game is going to be ‘huge’ with lots of story told through motion-captured cutscenes. Onion Soup expect the game to be in Early Access for around a year, and it’ll initially feature half of the story, 3 nanosuit modes, 4 vehicles, 8 weapons, 5 enemy types and 2 dungeons.
Onion Soup Interactive provided this description for the game via the Steam page:
Take control of a hot-headed reporter named UEDI (pronounced ‘Weddy’), as she infiltrates a world placed on interplanetary lockdown by its ruling dictator Hazuki. Hunting for both an estranged friend and the inside-story on Hazuki’s nefarious plans, which are locked deep within his impenetrable citadel, UEDI is thrown into a war. Her only hope for survival is to join the rebellion.
Roam the beautiful open world, loot rations, craft supplies, fight mech, repair vehicles and delve deep into the fractured history of Hazuki’s World.
UEDI is an outsider in this strange world, bold and head-strong but also in over her head. As her abilities develop so does her personality and her relationships with the rebels.
UEDI: Shadow of the Citadel Features
- Suit-up and boot-up UEDI’s NanoSuit
- Unlock the PowerSuit, AirSuit and CommandSuit modes to access new abilities
- Journey through UEDI’s emotional quest to unravel the mysteries of Hazuki’s World
- Experience love, loss, growth and sacrifice delivered through a motion-captured story
- Engage in real-time combat with enemies that react tactically to your actions
- Unlock new abilities, suits and weapons then overclock them to unleash their true power
- Loot rations and craft supplies to top up your health, electrolytes and NanoSuit power
- Spend more time in game and less time in menus by seamlessly switching between NanoSuit presets for the perfect combination of tech for any situation
- On foot or on wheels, explore approximately 15 miles² (39 km²) of hand-crafted anime-styled open-world
- Plunder abandoned structures, fend off rogue mechanical hordes, fix and maintain vehicles and craft items in a bid for survival
- Enter labyrinthine facilities, solve puzzles and battle bosses to emerge more powerful than before
- Photograph UEDI in key locations and document the realities of Hazuki’s World for her truth-telling blog in a bid to reveal all
This is certainly a title to keep an eye on, especially as it’s such a huge leap from Onion Soup’s first game, but we’re looking forward to seeing more from UEDI: Shadow of the Citadel!
Join the discussion!
Does UEDI: Shadow of the Citadel get a spot on your wishlist?