XIIZEAL Releases on Steamon June 9, 2015 by Oscar TK
XIIZEAL is a shoot ’em up, or Shmup as us cool kids say, that originally came out in Japanese arcades in 2002 under the name XII Stag. The game has had a few different versions, with the most recent Steam version just coming out today, published by Degica. This is the first time Triangle Service, XIIZEAL’s developers, have first properly experimented with PC gaming.
XIIZEAL joins the likes of other popular Shmups now available on Steam, such as Ikaruga and the Tale of ALLTYNEX series.
The game is £8.99 on Steam, but until 12th June it’s 20% off, making it £7.19. You can find the game’s Steam page here.
Veteran arcade developer Triangle Service brings us the classic shmup experience with XIIZEAL! Select your mode and prepare for fast and frantic action. There are many enemies, but the side shot allows you to attack even when you’re surrounded! Defeat the bosses, dodge the bullets, and go for the high score!
- – Highly detailed pixel graphics – Legions of tanks, planes, and robots to blow up!
- – Huge boss enemies with lots of parts to destroy! Pick them apart piece by piece to reduce their firepower!
- – Practice the stages one at a time in Score Attack Mode or play all 8 stages in Arcade Mode, the choice is up to you!
- – Fun and intuitive scoring system. Chain kills to build the multiplier, but if you miss an enemy, it will start to drop! It’s easy to learn, but hard to master.
- – Adjustable difficulty settings to support all levels of player skill.
- – Support for picture rotation and vertical aspect displays – play in an authentic arcade format and get a larger picture!
- – Chase the top score on the global leaderboards! Scores are tracked for both Arcade Mode and Score Attack on the default difficulty setting.
- – Use the replay function to share your best games with friends, or plan your next attack!
- – Steam achievements are supported.