YU-NO: A Girl Who Chants Love at the Bound of this World Coming To Switch and PS4on May 23, 2019 by Reuben Mount
We love a good, long video game title, and so we joyously balked at the new that YU-NO: A Girl Who Chants Love at the Bound of this World is coming both physically and digitally for PlayStation 4 and Switch, and for PC via Steam on October 1st in North America.
All of these versions will cost $49.99, according to Spike Chunsoft. It will feature Japanese audio with English text. Also, if you pick up the physical editions, the following launch edition bonuses will be available:
- – PlayStation 4 – A mini cloth poster featuring Eriko Takeda, the mysterious school nurse at Sakaimachi Academy.
- – Switch – A download code for 8-Bit YU-NO’s Great Adventure. Experience an action game set in classic 8-bit style featuring the characters from YU-NO!
In a recent blog post, Spike Chunsoft detailed the following content changes made to the PlayStation 4 and Switch versions of the game “in order to secure a release in the west on consoles”:
- – Sala Oasis Scene – A sunbeam is placed over Sala’s naked lower body.
- – Symbols – Some cursor interaction symbols have been replaced with the “investigation” symbol. The story content and gameplay remains the same; only the cursor symbol itself has been replaced.
These content changes will not apply to the PC version, which will contain identical content to the Japanese release.
Your Love Awaits Beyond This World.
During his vacation from Sakaimachi Academy, Takuya Arima receives a package from his supposedly deceased father. It contains the mysterious Reflector Device which allows the user to travel between parallel worlds.
With help from his friends, teachers, and lovers, Takuya must unearth the mystery of his father’s legacy to prevent a calamity threatening to envelop reality itself.
Key Game Features:
- – The Power of the Reflector – Explore multiple timelines and revisit events through the unique gaming mechanic of the Reflector Device. This allows you to explore every timeline in detail. Activate the Reflector Device’s Auto Divergence Map System to return to an event with more knowledge and new items.
- – Your Father’s Clues – Solve all the mysteries of Sakaimachi to uncover the secrets lying beneath Sword Cape. Collect items from one timeline and use them in the next to unlock Sword Cape’s hidden truth.
- – Love Beyond Worlds – Can you find the hidden world waiting beyond Sakaimachi? Fall in love with every character to reach the true ending to this 40+ hour visual novel.
This sounds great, although we’re a little worried about the changes to the game in the console versions. But what do you think? Let us know in the comments, or on Facebook and Twitter, and check back for more coverage of this and other Japanese titles.
YU-NO: A Girl Who Chants Love at the Bound of this World is coming both physically and digitally for PlayStation 4 and Switch, and for PC via Steam on October 1st 2019.