Zelda Fan Creates Ocarina-Controlled Home Automationon March 21, 2017 by Max Williams
There’s being a Zelda fan, and then there’s creating an ocarina-controlled home automation system with different functions assigned to different pieces from Ocarina of Time. This is just one of the wacky and incredible things Allen Pan has showcased on his YouTube channel, Sufficiently Advanced.
It may not be very practical, but it is unspeakably cool. Take a look for yourself below:
If the idea of it all wasn’t impressive enough, the system goes above and beyond basic functions – it’s even capable of watering the plants! Here’s a rundown of the songs and their corresponding actions shown in the video:
– Zelda’s Lullaby – locks/unlocks front door
– Sun’s Song – turns lights on/off
– Bolero of Fire – turns heating on/off
– Song of Storms – controls humidifier
– Minuet of Forest – waters plants
– Song of Time – checks the time
– Saria’s Song – calls phone
– Epona’s Song – unlocks car
– Song of Healing – resets modules
This is amazing, and must have taken a lot of work to set up! I’ll be keeping an eye on what other great things he comes up with!